Monday, September 13, 2010

Basement Renovation

Today I’m linking up to Today’s Creative Blog – Get Your Craft On. There are so many crafty ideas there. I never have time to make it through all the links, but it's a great place for inspiration!!
I’ll take care of the “crafty” part right away in this post. The rest is a reveal! We’ve been working on our basement all summer. I call it a “faux” finish, because it’s not a total finish…(not doing the ceilings and a few other things, yet). It started with these materials for curtains (LOTS of curtains):

The leftover material became a pillow for the crib (for when grandson visits!). I copied a picture onto transfer paper and ironed it onto the white. I’ve wanted to make something with a picture on it and was pleased with how easy it was to work with the transfer paper! I purchased mine at Wal-Mart. The main area of the basement, BEFORE:


DURING:



AFTER:










*ignore the pink pillow...I'm not sure what it's doing there!The bathroom area had been framed in for about 4 or 5 years… Finally getting it finished!!
This last picture is for a special friend!

Thanks for the box!!! :)

There’s still some work to do…painting the stairway, putting a few things up on the walls, repainting and redoing the bedroom and putting in the kitchenette area. It’s getting there and I’m loving it!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!! I wish you could hear the excitement in my voice :) This looks so good, Cathy. I can't believe how some fabric and paint and those stick on tiles (LOVE THAT) have transformed the place! Where is the crib? Did you paint it black? Are you going to paint the stairs? You look all ready for a visit! ;) I might just have to come see this in person. Oh, thanks for calling me "special" :) love you guys!

Heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Cathy, Cathy! Your blog is gorgeous!! Thanks for your sweet comments today on WhipperBerry.

Kisses from the WhipperChicks

Beth said...

Wow Mom! Very nice! I haven't seen the bathroom finished yet! Love it! :)