Today I am playing along with http://www.apreacherswife.com/. She is having a Scavenger Hunt for women whose husbands are in the ministry, to help us get to know others. The idea is to read through the answers and be able to answer questions about other ministry wives. The first two to answer the questions correctly will win a copy of The Pioneer Woman's cookbook!! If you are not familiar with her, I suggest you take a peek at her sight and be prepared to stay for a loooong time. (Hint: you might want to start by looking at these apple dumplings. They are simply to die for! Just so you know, I stole this picture from her site and I hope that I haven't done something very illegal!!So here goes...
1. First Name: Cathy
2. State and Country of Residence: Wisconsin, USA
3. Husband's Ministry Title: Pastor
4. Length of time in Current Ministry Location: 17 years
5. Children: Girl, 23; Girl, 21; Boy 18
6. Number of unique homes in which you've lived during your marriage: We have lived in 11 homes in the 25 years of our marriage. But by far the most unique would have to be the apartment we lived in for a short time when beginning seminary. The hardwood floors were painted yellow and white stripes and the appliances were painted bright blue. :)
7. Cook Sunday lunch or eat out? We have a light lunch every Sunday at our church. This is done on a rotation basis, so I only have to bring food about every 6 weeks!!
8. Typically on time for Sunday School or not? Always on time!
9. Favorite TV show: Survivor and Chopped (the Food Network)
10. Something you watch/like/do that you would never tell the church people: Well, since some of them read this blog...I find this an unfair question. ;) (There's a clue in this answer as to one person I'm referring to...let's see if she catches it!! Ha!!
11. Most annoying church-related pet peeve: People who are not willing to serve (although we do not have too many of those.)
12. One thing you need to throw away but can't bring yourself to do it: Lots of paper accumulation from 17 years of homeschooling.
13. The one food you can not live without: Coffee
14. Parsonage or have your own home: Own home
15. Freak when the doorbell rings or always ready for a visitor? It's usually a half-freakish event!!