Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Fun!

This week I spent a few days visiting my mom. We did some of the "touristy" things in my home-town. Northeastern Wisconsin has been having some amazing weather this fall. The sky has been clear and blue and the temps have been in the mid to upper 70s.
We toured the Botanical Gardens. If you have a garden near you, I would recommend that you go for a visit. It was gorgeous. (Tip: The Green Bay gardens are FREE to tour on Wednesdays!!)
This is my mom. She is pretty amazing (but that's another story). We had a great time.




Mr. McGregor lives in Green Bay!! :)

I loved this metal sculpture!!
Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Of course, one cannot "play the tourist" in Green Bay without visiting this place...


5 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Cathy! What a fun time for you and your sweet mom! The gardens look lovely. If my daughter could have seen that Mr. McGregor's cottage back a few years ago she would have been in heaven! Peter Rabbit has always been one of our favorite stories! That metal sculpture is truly amazing. Happy Fall!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

Great pics Cathy.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

HI Cathy! How are you doing? I've been thinking about you and hoping you are doing well. Glad to see you posting...looks like you had a great time with your mom. Loved the pictures.
I've been using your room spray that you sent me in the giveaway or trade we had last year. I just wanted you to know how much I am enjoying it. I spray it everywhere!!! It is wonderful and would be happy to do a post about it for you. I think it is wonderful. And especially during fall women love to have their homes smell good!
Have a blessed day!!!!
Debbie

Beth said...

So jealous to find out about all the fun when I called!
We were at MOA all day today and went to the under water adventure with ben and amanda and kids! I'll try to update with pics soon!
We also ate at rain forest cafe and lincoln doesn't like the mist or thunder storms!

Beth said...

I did not realize I posted my blog with the same title as yours till just now!