Friday, April 11, 2008

A Long Pause

"The secret to a healthy soul is not the discontinuance of hard work but the regularity of a pause."
(Now where did I get that quote? I have it written in my journal, with quotation marks around it, but did not give the proper person credit. I know I read it in a magazine put out by Life Action Ministries.) Anyway...

I have taken a long pause, and am not sure if I am back in full swing yet or not.
I spent 4 days relaxing with my daughter, sister and mom in Wisconsin Dells. Our time was spent mainly reading, relaxing, hot tubbing, and talking. The place we stayed at was very nice, very quiet and peaceful!! It seemed that I was just beginning to unwind and then it was time to leave.




The week after that my family & I travelled to Michigan to see my oldest daughter & her husband. While there, I found out that I am going to be a grandma!!! Very exciting news.
Since my return home and back to the reality of life in general, I've been trying to be diligent in getting some crafting accomplished. I will be in several shows this spring (which has not really arrived here in WI - it is sleeting/raining as I type...hopefully washing away some of the 4 or 5 inches of snow we got the other day) and summer. Here's a look at what I've been working on...
Lots and lots of embellished notebooks and magnet clothespins.


I am adding tags to a nice collection that began when I received some gorgeous ones in a swap.

I need to begin using these on some gifts at some point.

I've really been swamped with much on my plate lately. I feel that this has been a time of real growth and dependence upon the Lord. My prayer is that I use my time wisely and accomplish much so that I may be of better service to Him. It is a constant struggle.

Hosea 10:12 ~ "Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD until He comes and showers righteousness on you."

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Cute things! Love your packages of clothes pins! And thanks for coming by and "de-lurking" LOL. IDK, I found Pam and thought she was awesome, called and ordered some of her things...we just clicked. I truly think God brought us together. She's a dear and I pray Kary's benefit will go well and that she will get better. You have an adorable blog and now I've found you! It's a funny small little world isn't it? : ) Nice to meet cha.

c

Unknown said...

We loved the Dells! I think I told you that our daughter was going to New Tribes Bible Institute... now she's switched to the campus in Jackson, Michigan. Since we're in California now the extra distance really doesn't matter that much.

Enjoying your blog!

Ann