Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Karla's Party



Head over to Karla's Cottage, where she is having a "What I Love About My Holiday Home" party. She has posted lots of pictures herself, and if you keep scrolling down, she is listing links...so sit back and enjoy the gorgeous pictures & be prepared to be inspired as you take a tour of homes!!!


So...What do I love about my holiday home? Well, I love lots of candles...I love the color combination that I chose for this year - light blue, light green & cranberry!!

I love to have handmade ornaments on the tree.

My home is pretty simple and I like it that way!!The views outside are pretty this time of year...

But mostly, my home is peaceful and that is because the people that live there love one another and understand the true meaning of Christmas and are striving to live daily for the Christ of Christmas. I'm anxiously awaiting having all my family home during the holiday season!!

15 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

gorgeous!!
love everything
jessi

Brittany said...

Just beautiful!!!! I love your hand made ornaments!!
:)Brittany

Southern Heart said...

Your home and decorations are lovely! I especially love the handmade ornaments. The snow is so beautiful, too!

xo, Andrea

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Those handmade ornaments are wonderful! Susan

Alison Gibbs said...

What a lovely christmas tree and how pretty it looks at night when it is all lit up. The tussie mussies lok so lovely. Thanks for sharing it all with us.
Alison

Anonymous said...

wonderful hand made ornaments! love the tree!

happy holidays!

Sandy said...

Oh so pretty! I really like your clever arrangement with the ornaments and greenery in the vase! Merry Christmas, Miss Sandy

Monica said...

Loveley and cozy home you have!The handmae ornaments are beautiful and I love the photo of your tree all lit up. Thanks for sharing and
Happy Holidays!

Debbie Doughty said...

Yes, your home looks very peaceful, inside and out! The handmade ornaments are so pretty. And the candles, those are a must as far as I'm concerned!

roseroomnz.com said...

You have some beautiful things, I love those tussies and am envious of the snow:) Merry Christmas and Blessings - Rachael - xo

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Your home says come on in. It is a warm welcoming place. A place where one wants to be. I simply love the last lines of your post. They are so meanful and beautiful. If you have not drop by and visit me at Daisy Bouquet blog spot I have a little story going there as you like the simple things in life as I do also I think you will like this story. Blessings Mary

Paul-ene said...

Looking at your outside pixs: I wanted to guess your from Minnesota. I was close, I see it's wisconsin. Hee! Can't miss with those evergreens and the snow.

Thanks for showing your holiday home with all of us. I am still finding my way thru the home tour.

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.

Love your tree and so glad you showed it all lit up! So pretty!

Paul-ene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

Cathy, thank you for sharing your beautiful Christmas decorating. Your home is lovely! Thank you also for stopping by my new blog, I greatly appreciate it.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Michele

Meredith said...

I love these photos!

Your home is like a breath of fresh air compared to so many cluttered/accessorized homes online.