Friday, April 17, 2009

I Found Something Beautiful!

Yesterday I stood outside on our back deck and took a look around me. Spring is not the prettiest sight in northern Wisconsin. It's almost depressing at times if you just take in the big picture. This morning I stopped by the Inspired Room. She challenged us to capture special moments and find or create something beautiful. This post made me stop and realize that there was some beauty out there...I just needed to find it!! This afternoon I spent some time removing leaves and winter debris from the flower gardens and found that the lilies are coming in nicely...
...so is the rhubarb (yum!)...

...and the daffodils are doing great!!


I feel sooo much better about it all now!! :) To top it off, it was over 70 degrees here today!!
I'd like to encourage you to go back to the top of this post, click on the link and head right on over to "The Inspired Room", because she is having a great giveaway. It is actually a KODAK EASYSHARE W1020 Wireless Digital Frame with Home Decor Kit valued at $269.95. Isn't that great??!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

I spent some time catching up and I love what you've done with your blog! Can't wait to see the beautiful northern Wisconsin in the summer!

Tracey said...

Sounds like Maine. I have to get out and clean up my gardens a little and take the leaves off the top, clear away some branches and trim back some bushes. I love spring so much. To see all things come back to life. A renewing of life.. a great sight to see!

The Old Parsonage said...

Yes, sometimes we have to look closely to find the beauty in things.

God Bless!

Linda K. said...

Hi Cathy!

Linda here from White Linen Lavender Field. I saw your comment in my blog and I had to stop by and visit! WOW! This is certainly a small world. My sister lives on Fish Hatchery Road not far from you. She is in the Nicolet National Forest just off Hwy. 64. WOW again! It is a beautiful place there. I'm going home for the Fourth of July and will be there for 2 weeks. I miss my people! I'll add your blog to my favs. Thank you again for visiting stop by any time.
Linda

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

HI Cathy! Love your new blog look! Love all the pics of the beautiful flowers & greenery. God is Good!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents